Open Regulate:

No, they are completely separate portals. If you have submitted an application you will not be able to access the Appraiser and AMC Portal until after your application has been approved and you have been issued a license.

You will log back into the Application Portal to finish the application or to see the status of your application once it’s been submitted.

First, make sure to add to your list of approved senders and check your spam and trash folders to make sure the emails haven’t gone there. If you still aren’t receiving the emails after that, please contact the Board office. You can also check the status of an application in the Application Portal.

If it is your first time logging into the License Portal, click the “Activate Now” link below the email and password fields. This will take you to a page where you will enter your email address and click “Activate.” (This email address MUST be the same address that was provided to the Board.) A temporary password will be emailed and, once you log in with the temporary password, you will be prompted to set a permanent password and security questions.

If you forget your password or the answer to your security questions, or if you think you’re entering them correctly but are getting a notice that they’re incorrect, choose “forgot password” on the login page. The system will then send you an email with a temporary password; when you login again with the temporary password, it will prompt you to set a new password and security questions.

Try clicking the “Activate Now” link instead; you will enter your email address and it will send a temporary password to that email address. If you are still not receiving the temporary password email after trying the “activate now” link, please contact the Board office.

No, only one licensee’s information will show up when an email address is used to log in. If multiple licensees are using the same email for correspondence, they will need to provide another email address to use to access the Licensee Portal.

Annual Fee and Renewal statements are no longer mailed.  Approximately 7 weeks in advance of your annual fee or renewal date, an application will populate within your profile under the header of “Annual Fee/Renewal Statements.”  Once you complete the application, an invoice will populate.  You can then pay online or indicate you wish to mail in a check.  If you mail in a check, please copy the invoice and return to our office with payment. We will return the invoice to you as your receipt.

Yes. If you cannot locate the provider or course # you are looking for, utilize the option for “other.”  We will correct it on our side.

Once 90 days expires, you are no longer able to pay your annual fee or renewal statement through your profile. You will need to apply for reinstatement. Please login to the Online Application portal and complete and submit an Application for the Reinstatement. See Board Rule 600:10-1-14.

You can apply for reciprocity or a temporary practice permit by accessing the Online Application Portal.  Further information and instructions can be located on the Board’s website under Licensing/Non-Resident.

You can apply for registration in Oklahoma by accessing the Online Application Portal.  Further information and instructions be located on the Board’s website under AMC Registration.


Oklahoma is characterized as a voluntary state, meaning that a real estate appraiser credential is not required to perform an appraisal, unless that appraisal is involved in a federally related transaction or a real estate related financial transaction of an agency, instrumentality, or federally recognized entity covered by FIRREA of 1989. As a practical matter virtually all residential mortgage transactions are performed by credentialed appraisers as a lender requirement.

You can locate the complaint form on our website under the “Enforcement” header on our main menu, titled Appraiser Grievance Form. You may also contact the Appraiser Board staff at (405) 522-2475 or e-mail your request to

Mortgage brokers, supervised lenders, and mortgage loan originators are regulated by the Department of Consumer Credit.

Abstractors are under the jurisdiction of the Oklahoma Abstractors Board

Home inspectors are regulated by the Construction Industries Board.

The County Assessor and/or County Treasurer of the county wherein the property is located.

Please refer to the following link (located on the main page of our website): Resident Licensing


The National Registry is not based on real-time data. This agency sends a data set to the Appraisal Subcommittee on a weekly basis. It could take up to 24 hours to show the current information.

The Board issues credentials for three years, but you only pay licensing fees for one year at a time. When you pay your annual licensing fees, which includes your National Registry fee, the National Registry is updated, and the ASC advances your registry expiration date by one (1) year. They do not utilize the expiration date that is issued to you by this office.

HUD and FHA retrieve their information from the Appraisal Subcommittee (please refer to previous questions). Please be aware that this office has no interface with HUD or FHA; if you have additional questions concerning those agencies, please refer all inquiries to the appropriate entity.

*If you would like to see an FAQ added to our website, please feel free to give us a call at (405) 521-6636. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excludes national holidays)