How To File a Request for Assistance with the Oklahoma Insurance Department

After you have read your policy and your claim has not been handled appropriately, you can submit a complaint to the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
The forms below should be used for complaints with auto, home, commercial, life and health, service warranty, title insurance or workers’ compensation.

You must do the following:

  • Fill out the form completely, (see options below)
  • Sign the form,
  • Give us as much information as possible, and
  • Provide copies of all policies, riders, letters, phone logs, etc

Please note that Oklahoma law keeps all complaint files closed to public inspection. Please complete the request for assistance form in its entirety.

Online Form Paper Form 

Kindly print out and send us your request for assistance by mail or fax with supportive documentation

Mailing address (include supportive documentation)
400 NE 50th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73105

Fax number (include supportive documentation)
(405) 521-6652

If you have a Bail Bond complaint, please fill out the Bail Bond Complaint form.
Bail Bond Complaint Form with Instructions

After You File a Complaint

Once received at the Oklahoma Insurance Department, your file will be assigned to the appropriate Consumer Assistance/Claims Analyst, who will send you an acknowledgment letter.

We will then contact the company for a detailed explanation of its position. By law, the company has twenty (20) days from receipt of our letter to respond.

There may be some unforeseen delays if the company needs time to gather additional information in order to fully address your concerns. If this occurs, your Consumer Assistance/Claims Analyst will keep you informed of the status of your file by mail.

Once a final response is received and reviewed, your Consumer Assistance/Claims Analyst will forward a letter of explanation.