I’ve heard about something that I think is insurance fraud. Who do I report that to?
The OID Anti Fraud Unit investigates insurance fraud and would like to hear from you. You can file a “Report Fraud” form by visiting fraudstoppers.oid.ok.gov or calling the OID Anti-Fraud Unit directly at 405-521-6614.

  1. What is the minimum auto liability coverage required in Oklahoma?
    Automobile liability coverage is required by state law. The minimum amount of liability coverage is 25/50/25. For a full explanation of coverage requirements, please click here.
  2. The premium for my auto insurance policy has increased, why?
    Compare the previous declaration page with the renewal declaration to find out exactly what has changed. If you have had an accident or a citation, your automobile insurance may be surcharged. Also, you may have lost a discount. If either of the previously mentioned examples are not the case, the increase may be due to a rate increase because your insurer requested an increase based on overall loss experience for the entire state. You may review information on company rate filings by going to the Property and Casualty Division and clicking on Monthly Filing Activity Reports.
  3. What can I do to lower the premium of my automobile insurance policy?
    There are a multitude of various discounts given by different insurers. Make sure you are getting all the discounts possible. Examples of some of the various automobile discounts available are multi-car discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, driver education discounts, safety course discounts, automobile security system discounts, and vehicle identification number etching discounts. Also, shopping around with different companies may prove valuable in reducing the amount of insurance you are paying. For more information, you can review the Department’s brochure, “Choosing Your Automobile Insurance Policy” by going to the e and clicking on Automobile Insurance Rates Comparison Chart.
  4. What is Uninsured Motorist Coverage and am I required to have it?
    This coverage pays you, resident members of your family, and occupants of your car for personal injuries caused by an uninsured motorist, an underinsured motorist, or a hit and run driver. While you are not required by law to carry this coverage, companies are required to offer it with every policy. It does not pay for damages to your car. If an uninsured motorist damages your car, repairs would be paid for under your collision coverage. If you carry liability only, there would be no insurance coverage available to repair your car.
  5. What does Uninsured Motorist Coverage pay for?
    UM pays you, resident members of your family, and occupants of your auto for personal injuries caused by an uninsured motorist, an underinsured motorist or a hit and run driver. It does not pay for damages to your car! If an uninsured motorist damages your car, repairs would be paid for under your Collision coverage. If you carry Liability only, there would be no insurance coverage available to repair your car.
  6. My private passenger auto insurance was non-renewed and I am finding it difficult to find a company that wants to insure me. What should I do?
    Any time your policy has been canceled or non-renewed, finding new coverage can be a problem. Companies often have strict new business underwriting rules, and may be reluctant to offer coverage for someone in this situation. Your best bet is to contact several companies to see if you can find coverage. If that fails, then you should call the Oklahoma Assigned Risk Auto Plan. The phone number is (866) 667-2827, the fax number is (405) 842-1361 and click here to visit the website.
  7. Why are auto rates higher for youthful males than they are for youthful female drivers?
    The Oklahoma Insurance Code requires companies to use rates that are not inadequate or unfairly discriminatory. A rate is not considered to be unfairly discriminatory if it reflects equitably the differences in expected losses and expenses. Companies maintain loss statistics that continue to show that more dollars are paid due to losses involving male youthful drivers when compared to female youthful drivers. Rating factors will be higher to reflect these figures. However, it is worth noting that the gap between the rates for youthful males and youthful females is getting smaller.
  8. I was involved in an accident in which the other driver was at fault and had no liability insurance. Can my rates increase after I file a claim on my own auto policy?
    No. Section 941 of the Oklahoma Insurance Code says that a company cannot assign driving record points, cancel, refuse to renew or increase the premium rate for any motor vehicle liability or collision insurance policy for the reason that the insured has been involved in a motor vehicle collision and was not at fault.
  9. My automobile is inoperable at the present time. Do I have to maintain liability insurance while it is not being driven?
    Maintaining an owner’s policy or a non-owner’s policy will prevent you from paying higher premiums, due to a lapse in coverage, when obtaining insurance on the repaired vehicle. The Department of Public Safety regulates the compulsory insurance laws that require financial responsibility. You may contact this agency at 405-425-2424 or the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety’s website to determine whether you are in compliance or to report persons that are in violation.
  10. I am interested in beginning an interstate trucking operation. What are the liability, cargo and bond requirements?
    While the Department of Public Safety regulates private passenger auto insurance requirements, the Oklahoma Corporation Commission is the regulatory authority on financial responsibility compliance for motor carriers. You may contact them at 405-521-2251 or you may wish to visit their website.
  11. Is there a grace period on auto insurance if your premium payment is late?
    No. There may be times when a company will reinstate a policy once the overdue payment has been made, but if you have had a loss during that period, there most likely will be no coverage.
  12. My automobile had original parts on it before the accident. Why is the company allowed to use “like kind and quality parts”?
    Following an auto accident, an insurance company’s limit of liability is the actual cash value of the property or damaged part of the property at the time of the loss. Putting brand new parts on an older vehicle would result in betterment, which is not the intention of the policy. If you still insist on new factory parts, the company will likely require that you pay the difference between the new parts and the “like kind and quality parts”.
  13. Can the Insurance Department determine liability?
    No. The Insurance Department is an administrative body. As such, we cannot determine fault and/or negligence nor the degree one might be considered at fault or negligent in an automobile accident. Such a determination can only be made by a court having proper jurisdiction.
  14. What is a third party claim?
    A third party claim occurs when you are seeking payment from another persons liability insurance due to the negligent actions of that person. This type of claim is the source of frequent complaints to the OID. Typically, the insurance company is making what the third party claimant considers to be too small of a settlement offer for the damages of the third party. The Insurance Department has limited authority on these types of claims. However, several claims of this type have been settled through the Department’s EAGLE program. For more information on the program, go to Eagle Mediation.
  15. What is comparative negligence?
    This a principle of tort law that applies in Oklahoma which provides that in the event of an auto accident, each party’s negligence is based on that party’s contribution to the accident. For example, if in an auto accident both parties fail to obey the yield sign, their negligence would be equal, and neither would collect legal damages from the other. In some cases, the comparative negligence may be found to be 80/20 or 60/40.
  16. How do insurance companies determine how much to pay for a totaled car?
    Auto insurance provides coverage on an actual cash value (ACV) basis, which means that the company owes the ACV at the time of the loss. The Oklahoma Insurance Department has no authority to determine the appropriate ACV of a vehicle. According to state law, such cost may be determined by: the cost of a comparable motor vehicle in the local market area when a comparable motor vehicle is available in the local market area, one or two or more quotations obtained by an insurer from two or more qualified dealers located within the local market area when a comparable motor vehicle is not available in the local market area, or the cost of a comparable motor vehicle as quoted in the latest edition of the National Automobile Dealers Association Official Used Car Guide or monthly edition of any other nationally recognized published guidebook.
  17. Following an accident in which the other party was at fault, will the insurance company provide me with a replacement vehicle?
    The insurance company for the at fault party should provide you with a replacement vehicle while your car is in the shop being repaired. If your car is a total loss, the company will generally provide the replacement vehicle until a settlement offer has been made on your car. On the other hand, if the accident was your fault and you will be filing a claim under your auto policy, a replacement car will not be provided unless you purchased rental reimbursement coverage.
  1. Can I have a prior conviction and still be licensed as a bondsman?
    Oklahoma Statutes Title 59 1305 sets out the requirements for becoming licensed as a bondsman in the State of Oklahoma. An applicant must affirmatively show that they have not been previously convicted of, or pled guilty or nolo contendere to, any felony crime that substantially relates to the occupation of a bail bondsman and poses a reasonable threat to public safety.
  2. How long does it take to process a bailbond application?
    Approximately thirty-five (35) days.
  3. Where do I get information regarding the required pre-licensing education courses for a bondsman?
    The Oklahoma Bondsman Association provides the pre-licensing and continuing education courses. They may be reached at 222 N.E. 27th, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105 or by calling (405) 524-5920.
  4. Can a bail bondsman post a bond for my performance as a contractor?
    No. Bail bondsmen post appearance bonds for criminal defendants.
  5. Is there an exam you must pass to become licensed as a bondsman?
    Yes, see Applying Instructions.
    Step 2: Examination, or click on the Exam Information link in the bail bonds section of our website for additional information.
  1. I need help dealing with my insurer. Who can I talk to?
    The OID Consumer Assistance Division handles all types of consumer inquiries. From our website, please go to Consumer Quick Links and select “Request Assistance.” Otherwise, you can contact them directly at 800-522-0071 (toll free in Oklahoma) or 405-521-2828.
  2. Is insurance company complaint information available to the public?
    No. Section 306 of the Insurance Code states that files of the Consumer Assistance/Claims Division, including complaints and requests for assistance from insureds, and insurance agency and company records, shall not be public records and shall not be disclosed except in connection with disciplinary proceedings by the Commissioner.
  3. How do I file a complaint against an insurance company or agent?
    Visit OID’s Instruction’s page on filing a complaint here.
  1. Can a funeral home be listed as the beneficiary of a life insurance product for the purpose of funding prepaid funeral benefits?
    No. The Insurance Code provides only for an assignment of life insurance proceeds.
  2. How do I obtain an exemption from the Service Warranty Insurance Act?
    You must complete a “Service Warranty Exemption Form” and submit it to the Department.
  3. What is the tax rate for surplus lines policies?
    The tax rate is 6% of the premium plus any policy fees. The tax must be remitted quarterly along with the required reporting forms.
  1. What is a flood and what does flood insurance cover?
    A flood is an excess of water on land that is normally dry. This would include the unusual and rapid accumulation of water from a neighborhood creek or any other source. Flood insurance covers direct physical loss caused by “flood”. If you need more details go to Fema.gov.
  2. Is coverage for flood losses automatically included in most property policies (homeowners or commercial property)?
    No, most property policies do not cover flood losses. You must purchase this coverage separately. Coverage is available through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Ask your agent or carrier for more information or you may call the NFIP at 800-427-4661 or 888-379-9531. The website is www.floodsmart.gov.
  3. Can I purchase a flood insurance policy if I do or do not live in a floodplain?
    Yes, as long as the community you live in participates in the NFIP. Most communities in Oklahoma do participate in the NFIP. More information can be found at www.floodsmart.gov.
  4. Where can I find out if my community participates in the NFlP?
    To review the Community Status Book go to Fema.gov.
  5. Can my community do anything to lower flood insurance premiums for coverage through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)?
    The NFIP’s Community Rating System (CRS) is a voluntary incentive program that recognizes and encourages community floodplain management activities that exceed the minimum NFIP requirements. As a result, flood insurance premium rates are discounted to reflect the reduced flood risk. The telephone number is 1-501-847-2280.
  6. Once I have purchased a flood insurance policy what steps do I take if I have a claim?
    The steps are similar to any other insurance product that you may purchase. 1. Contact your agent or company representative to report your loss; 2. Separate your property; 3. Make a list of damaged contents; 4. List the areas of structural damage; 5. Work with your adjuster. For more details go to Fema.gov and click on Claims Handbook.
  1. What is a Public Protection Class and how is it used?
    Where a home is located has a great deal to do with the cost of insurance. Insurance Services Office (ISO), an independent statistical, rating and advisory organization establishes Public Protection Classifications. They collect information on a community’s public fire protection and analyze the data using its Fire Suppression Rating Schedule. ISO then assigns a public protection classification from 1 to 10. Class 1 represents the best protection and Class 10 indicates no recognized protection. The phone number is 800-444-4554 and the website is www.isomitigation.com.
  2. My protection classification code changed during the policy term. Is the insurance company required to adjust my premium during the term?
    No. The insurance company will most likely adjust the premium at renewal.
  3. Are companies allowed to use credit ratings to determine eligibility and rating for insurance coverage?
    Yes, they can and many do. Under Federal law, the Fair Credit Reporting Act allows insurers to use credit information for underwriting purposes. Credit reports and/or scores are a commonly used rating tool; however, statutes found in the “Use of Credit Information in Personal Insurance Act”, 36 O.S. 950 et seq, govern how this information may be used in personal lines policies.
  4. My rates have increased even though I have not filed any claims, received any tickets or violations, etc. Can an insurance carrier increase my rates when no changes have occurred to my specific risk?
    Yes. Insurers can file rate increases and/or decreases by reviewing the overall loss experience of the entire state. In cases where they have suffered larger than expected loss ratios, insurers will request adjustments to provide sufficient funds to cover future losses. Each individual will receive varying rate adjustments based on their own personal rating criteria such as age, marital status, territory or zip code, etc.
  1. The premium for my homeowners policy has increased, why?
    First compare last year’s declaration page with the renewal declaration to find exactly what has changed. If you have a replacement cost policy, the value of your home may have been increased to keep up with inflation and thus there is a subsequent increase. You may have lost a discount because you or your home is no longer eligible or there may be a surcharge for a claim. Even if you have not filed any claims your rates may increase because an insurer has filed an increase based on their overall loss experience for the entire state. You may review information on company rate filings by going to Property and Casualty Division and clicking on Monthly Filing Activity Reports.
  2. What can I do to lower the premium of my homeowners policy?
    There are several things that you may do to decrease your premium. As companies do not charge the same rates, shop for the company that offers the best coverage for the best price. There are upgrades for your home that may provide discounts on your premium. Many companies offer discounts for hail resistant roofs, dead-bolt locks, smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, security systems, approved fire/burglar alarms and sprinkler systems. Most companies also have a discount for having both your homeowners and auto policies with them. You can save money on your premium by increasing your policy deductible. However, you’ll have to pay more out of pocket if you have a claim. For more information, you can review the Department’s brochure, by going to our Publications and Activity Reports section of our website and clicking on the: Homeowners Insurance Comparison Rate Chart.
  3. Can a company non-renew my homeowners insurance because I have filed “too many claims”?
    Companies will sometimes non-renew a policy due to claims frequency. By law, a company shall not cancel, non-renew or increase the premium of a homeowner’s policy that has been in effect for more than 45 days, solely because the insured filed a first claim on the policy. However, if you have filed more than one claim, there is no law to prevent the company from non-renewing. If a company does choose to non-renew your policy, they are required to provide proper written notice as per their policy language.
  4. My homeowners insurance was non-renewed and I am finding it difficult to find a company that wants to insure me. What should I do?
    Any time your policy has been cancelled or non-renewed, finding new coverage can be a problem. Companies often have strict new business underwriting rules, and may be reluctant to offer coverage for someone in this situation. Your best bet is to contact several companies to see if you can find coverage. If that fails, then you should call the Oklahoma Market Assistance Program. The phone number is (405) 842-9883, fax number is (405) 842-8369 and the web site is http://www.mapsprogram.com/
  5. Can the insurance company change my deductible to a percentage deductible (ex: 1% of Coverage A) instead of my previous flat deductible (ex: $500)?
    This is allowable if your insurance company has had this change filed and/or approved by the Commissioner. Ask your carrier if you have the option of buying back your flat deductible as most companies will give you the option. The percentage deductible was implemented to keep premiums down but it may cost you more if you have a loss. Feel free to call our office and we will be happy to verify if this change has been approved.
  6. Can an insurance company arbitrarily raise the amount of insurance on my homeowner’s policy (replacement cost value) without my consent?
    Consult with your agent to determine if you have replacement cost coverage. If so, then the company most likely has the option at each renewal to adjust your replacement cost figures accordingly. Remember, this would be the amount it would take to replace your home, not the amount for which you could sell it. Most companies require that homes be insured at the full replacement value. As the building costs in an area increase, it becomes necessary for the company to increase the covered amount at renewal to maintain full replacement coverage. The company is required to provide at least 30 days notice to you or your designated representative when making this type of change to your policy unless you have provided written consent to automatic increases in coverage.
  7. How does an Actual Cash Value (ACV) policy differ from a Replacement Cost policy?
    Actual Cash Value coverage will only pay for the replacement cost less depreciation. As the name suggests, a Replacement Cost policy will pay up to policy limits the cost necessary to replace property destroyed by a covered loss, with no deduction for depreciation. You will pay a higher premium for Replacement Cost coverage. With Replacement Cost coverage, at the time of the loss the company will pay the ACV of the damaged or destroyed property. An additional payment will be made for the difference between the ACV and replacement value once the property has been replaced.
  8. Does my homeowners policy cover business equipment that I keep in my home?
    Yes, on a limited basis. Often, coverage for property used for business purposes is limited to $1,000. This amount can vary by policy. There are also several other categories of property that have coverage limitations. Refer to the Special Limits of Liability section of your policy. If any of the listed limitations will result in coverage that is inadequate, talk to your agent about an endorsement that will increase the coverage on a limited item.
  9. How are roof claims settled?
    The homeowner’s policy typically provides roof coverage on an actual cash value basis. That means that the company will apply depreciation to the roof, based on the age and condition of the roof. Some policies provide roof coverage on a replacement cost basis. In that case, the company will pay the actual cash value (depreciated amount) at the time of the loss, and then pay the additional amount to actually repair or replace once the repairs have been made or at least contracted to be made.
  10. Is damage caused by flood covered under my homeowner’s policy?
    Flood is not covered under a homeowner’s policy. If you are interested in obtaining a flood policy, talk to your agent or contact the National Flood Insurance Program at 1-888-CALL-FLOOD or visit floodsmart.gov.
  11. My house was destroyed by fire. I am having a difficult time in providing a complete list of destroyed personal property to the company. Any suggestions?
    This is a common problem. For this reason, it is strongly recommended that homeowners maintain a written inventory of household possessions to assist them in the event of a loss. A videotape or photographs of your personal property is also very beneficial, along with receipts for the purchase of your more valuable items. A copy of these items and your insurance policy should be kept in a separate, safe location (such as a safety deposit box) away from your home.The Oklahoma Insurance Department developed a Home Inventory File Publication that you may find helpful to use prior to a loss. To download a copy go to Publications section of the Property and Casualty Division and click on Consumer Home Inventory.
  12. Can the insurance company raise the amount of insurance on my homeowner’s policy without my permission?
    Yes. Most companies require that homes be insured at the full replacement value. As the building costs in an area increase, it becomes necessary for the company to increase the covered amount at renewal to maintain full replacement coverage. The company is required to provide at least 30 days notice to you or your designated representative (your agent) when making any change to your policy.
  1. What are the license fees for Oklahoma?
    Please click on this link for FEE SCHEDULE to view Oklahoma Insurance Department license fees. For additional assistance, call 405-521-3916.
    Processing applications through an electronic vendor will include their additional charges, so you should contact your preferred electronic vendor to discuss their fee schedule.
  2. How do I lookup a licensee?
    Click here to learn more.
  3. How do I lookup a company?
    Click here to learn more.
  4. How do I view my CE transcript?
    Click here to learn more.
  5. How do I look up a continuing education course?
    Click here to learn more.
  6. How do I update my mailing address with OID?
    Click here to learn more.
  7. How do I update my email address with OID?
    Click here to learn more.
  8. How do I change my name with the OID?
    Click here to learn more.
  9. How do I do a Resident State Change with OID?
    Click here to learn more.
  10. How do I order study manuals?
    Study Manuals
  11. How do I get the licensing and education payment voucher document?
    Click Here
  1. What are the filing fees?
    Policy $ 50.00 each
    Master Policy $ 50.00 each
    Certificates $ 50.00 each
    Applications $ 25.00 each
    Endorsements $ 25.00 each
    Riders $ 25.00 each
    Advertisements $ 25.00 each
    Rates $ 25.00 each
    Informational and all others $ 25.00 each
    Variable Products Filing (Including policy plus rider, endorsements and application)$200.00 each
  2. What is the status of my filing?
    Companies must call the OID office because the answer will vary with each filing.
  3. Why do I have to change my form number?
    The system that we are setting up is one that will not allow duplicate form numbers to be used. Different form numbers also make it easier to locate filings.
  4. Is Oklahoma a retaliatory state for filing fees?
    Yes, unless retaliatory is lower then it goes by the fees set out in the Statute.
  1. How long does a company have to pay a claim?
    According to section 4030.1 of the Oklahoma Insurance Code, a company must provide the necessary claims forms within 10 days after being notified of an insured’s death, and has 30 days from the receipt of the proof of death to pay the claim.
  2. What is Term Life insurance?
    Term Life provides coverage for a limited number of years, and expires without value if the insured survives the stated period, which is typically 5 to 20 years. Such periods generally cover the needs for temporary protection.
  3. What is Whole Life insurance?
    Permanent level insurance protection for the “whole of life” from policy issue to the death of the insured. Characterized by level premiums, level benefits and cash values.
  4. What is an Annuity?
    An annuity is a cash contract with an insurance company. Unlike life insurance products where policy issue and pricing are based largely on mortality risk, annuities are primarily investment products. Annuities are funded with a single sum amount or through a series of periodic payments. The insurer credits the annuity fund with a certain rate of interest, which is not currently taxable to the annuitant. The ultimate amount that is payable is, in part, a reflection of these factors. Most annuities guarantee a death benefit payable in the event the annuitant dies before payout begins. This death benefit is usually limited to the amount paid into the contract plus interest paid.
    Please visit our Annuity page for more information.
  5. What is the Free-Look Provision?
    This required provision gives policyowners the right to return the policy for a full premium refund within a specified period of time, if they decide not to purchase the insurance. Most policies provide for a 10-day free look.
  6. Do you have a grace period if you are late paying your life insurance premium?
    Yes. If policyowners forget or neglect to pay their premiums by the date they are due, the grace period allows an extra 30 days or one month during which premiums may be paid to keep policies in force.
    If an insured dies during the grace period and the premium has not been paid, the policy benefit is payable. However, the premium amount due is deducted from the benefits paid to the beneficiary.
  7. What is the purpose of the Guaranty Association?
    The Guaranty Association was established to support insurers and protect consumers in the event of insurer insolvency. The Guaranty Association is funded by insurers through assessments.
    Please visit our Life Insurance page for more information.
  1. Is Oklahoma a voluntary or mandatory state?
    Oklahoma is characterized as a voluntary state; meaning that a real estate appraiser credential is not required to perform an appraisal, unless that appraisal is involved in a federally related transaction or a real estate related financial transaction of an agency, instrumentality, or federally recognized entity covered by FIRREA of 1989. As a practical matter, however, virtually all residential mortgage transactions are performed by credentialed appraisers as a lender requirement.
  2. Where can I obtain a complaint form to file a complaint against a real estate appraiser and/or an Appraisal Management Company?
    You can locate the complaint form on our website under the Enforcement header on our main menu, titled “Appraiser Grievance Form.” You may also contact the Appraiser Board staff at (405) 522-2475 or e-mail your request to rebecca.keesee@oid.ok.gov.
  3. Who licenses mortgage brokers, supervised lenders and mortgage loan originators?
    Mortgage brokers, supervised lenders, and mortgage loan originators are regulated by the Department of Consumer Credit.
  4. Who regulates abstractors?
    Abstractors are under the jurisdiction of the Oklahoma Abstractors Board.
  5. Who regulates home inspectors?
    Home inspectors are regulated by the Construction Industries Board.
  6. Who do I contact regarding ad valorem taxes?
    The County Assessor and/or County Treasurer of the county wherein the property is located.
  7. Where can I get information on how to become an appraiser?
    Simply call our office at (405) 521-6636 and request an information packet.
  8. Why does the ASC show me as expired when I paid my license before it was due?
    The National Registry is not based on real-time data. This agency sends a data set to the ASC
    (Appraisal Subcommittee – www.asc.gov) every Monday but it can take up to 48 hours to reflect the updated changes.
  9. Why does the ASC have a different expiration date than the one that I was issued?
    The Board issues credentials for three years, but you only pay licensing fees for one year at a time. When you pay your annual licensing fees, which includes your National Registry fee, the National Registry is updated, and the ASC advances your registry expiration date by one (1) year. They do not utilize the expiration date that is issued to you by this office.
  10. Why did HUD/FHA remove me from their rosters?
    HUD and FHA retrieve their information from the Appraisal Subcommittee (please refer to previous questions). Please be aware that this office has no interface with HUD or FHA; if you have additional questions concerning those agencies, please refer all inquiries to the appropriate entity.
  11. Does your office accept credit cards?
    Yes. Please see the Bill Pay button on the main menu.
  1. What is the difference between Medicare Part A and Part B?
    Part A is Hospital Insurance that pays for care in hospitals and skilled nursing facilities, and home health and hospice care. Part B is Medical Insurance that pays for doctors, outpatient hospital care and some other medical service that Part A does not cover, such as the services of physical and occupational therapists. Part B covers all doctor services that are medically necessary.
  2. Do I need Medicare Part B?
    To have complete Medicare coverage, you must purchase Part B.
  3. Do I need a Medigap Policy? What is it?
    A Medigap policy is a health insurance policy sold by private insurance companies to fill “gaps” in original Medicare Plan coverage.
  4. Does Medicare pay for prescription coverage?
    Medicare Part A pays for medication while hospitalized. Medicare Part B pays for limited outpatient medications. To have prescription coverage, beneficiaries must enroll in a Part D prescription drug plan. Some Part C Medicare Advantage plans cover prescription costs, too. However, Medicare Supplemental plans do not cover prescription drug costs.
  5. Does Medicare pay for nursing home coverage?
    Medicare does not cover residential care. Medicare only covers approved skilled nursing care in a Medicare approved facility. These benefits are available when you satisfy the guidelines as defined by Medicare and are meant to provide limited care until the patient is well enough to return home.
  6. How do I report Medicare Fraud?
    If you would like to report an allegation of fraud, you may call the SMP program at the Oklahoma Insurance Department at 1-888-967-9100, or call Medicare at their toll-free number, 1-800-447-8477.
  1. Are title insurance rates and policy forms regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department?
  2. Does the Oklahoma Insurance Department regulate abstract companies and the fees they charge?
    We regulate abstract companies who are also licensed title insurance agents only in their capacity of issuing title insurance policies. The Oklahoma Abstractors Board regulates Oklahoma’s abstract industry.
  3. How often is the title insurance licensing exam given?
    Every day of the workweek except for Friday.
  4. What are the requirements for being a title insurance agent?
    Applicants for licensure must be 18 years of age or older, competent, trustworthy, financially responsible, and of good personal and business reputation.
    Applicants shall not be a full-time employee of the government of the United States or of the executive or administrative branches of the government of this state or any county or municipality in this state. (Shall not apply to persons who hold an elective office except the office of Insurance Commissioner).Application shall be made on forms provided by the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Application shall be accompanied by an insurance company appointment and applicable fees.Applicant must pass the licensing examination with a grade of 70% or better.
  1. What is the primary function of the Tulsa Office?
    The Tulsa Office of the Oklahoma Insurance Department provides virtually all of the services available in Oklahoma City, including Bail Bonds testing.
  2. Is full service available or if my situation is unique, do I have to travel to Oklahoma City?
    Sometimes a situation will arise that must be handled from the Oklahoma City office of the Insurance Department. However, most often a trip to Oklahoma City will not be necessary.
  3. Can I test for my license at the Tulsa Office?
    We no longer offer testing at the Tulsa office.
  4. What are the hours of the Tulsa Office?
    The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding state holidays. The same is true for the Oklahoma City office.