LH BULLETIN NO. 2020-02
To: All Life & Health Insurers and Health Maintenance Organizations Licensed in Oklahoma
From: Glen Mulready, Insurance Commissioner
Date: March 17, 2020 (Updated and June 18, 2020)
Re: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
LH Bulletin 2020-02 (As Amended) modifies LH Bulletin No. 2020-02 dated March 17, 2020 and April 29, 2020. LH Bulletin 2020-02 (As Amended) will be rescinded on June 30, 2020, except as provided below:
- Health insurers and entities are encouraged to permit the generalized use of in-network telehealth/telemedicine services and encourage health insurers and entities to expand their networks of providers and facilities to perform telemedicine services.
- 2. Health carriers and other entities will accept as valid and binding, any claim or claim related document bearing an e-signature or an e-notary as otherwise authorized pursuant to Oklahoma law.
- Health carriers and entities will continue the use of the timeframes for utilization review as stated in the original bulletin. (Will Expire when the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-20 (As Amended) is withdrawn.)
- Health carriers and entities will continue to provide access to medically necessary diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 without requiring preauthorization. (Will Expire when the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-20 (As Amended) is withdrawn.)
- Health insurer and entities will continue to waive cost-sharing measures for COVID-19 laboratory tests and for in-network provider office visits and in-network urgent care center visits when testing for COVID-19. (Will Expire when the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-20 (As Amended) is withdrawn.)
- The term of extended grace periods, afforded to insureds pursuant to the original bulletin, shall be allowed to expire upon reaching the end of the extension.
- Companies should continue all reasonable measures to facilitate diagnosis and treatment of COVID 19. (Will Expire when the Governor’s Executive Order 2020- 20 (As Amended) is withdrawn.) 8. Suspension of underwriting rules related to minimum group participation requirements shall continue through 12/31/20.
The Department extends its appreciation to health carriers in working with the State to address this public health challenge.
Questions or comments applicable to this bulletin should be directed to Mike Rhoads (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ron Kreiter (email@example.com), Oklahoma Insurance Department, 400 NE 50th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105-1816.