The Oklahoma Insurance Department is devoted to ensuring that citizens of this state are fully informed about their government and the insurance industry. In order to effectuate this goal, the Department has established procedures for accessing public records in its possession. Thus, anyone seeking information from the Department should follow the procedure set forth below.

1. To request public records from the Department, please send a written request to the Department at the following address:

Oklahoma Insurance Department
Legal Division
400 NE 50th Street,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
Telephone: (405) 521-2748
Fax: (405) 522-0125

2. Your written request should describe the records you seek. This description should include specific names, the type of record (e.g. financial statements, administrative actions, licensure information, etc.), a relevant time frame, and any other pertinent information. If you are unsure what type of records or information you are seeking, feel free to contact the Department. Please include your telephone number, e-mail address, and/or mailing address.

3. Once the Department receives your request, it will be processed. Depending on the size and nature of your request, processing may take 5 to 7 business days. The Department is able to process emergency requests within 24 to 48 hours for an additional $25 fee. Some larger requests cannot be processed within this time frame.

4. Before receiving the records you requested, you are required to pay a copying or reproduction fee, for which an invoice will be sent. The copying or reproduction fee is $0.40 per page and $1.00 for each certified page, pursuant to 51 O.S. § 24A.5(3) and 36 O.S. § 321. Additionally, depending on the size and nature of your request, you may be charged an additional fee for time associated with recovering or gathering the records. The recovery fee is $25 per hour. Any payments must be paid by check, money order, or cashier’s check. The Department cannot accept cash or credit/debit cards.

5. As soon as the Department receives payment for the records, the records will be made available for pickup at the above address. Depending on the number of records responsive to your request, the Department may be able to e-mail or fax the records. Certified copies cannot be e-mailed or faxed. If you would like the copies mailed, you will need to provide a FedEx or UPS shipping number. If you do not have a FedEx or UPS number, please contact the Department and arrangements for mailing the records can be made.