For Immediate Release:
February 9, 2023
Commissioner Mulready Appointed to NAIC Committees
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner Glen Mulready has been appointed by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) to serve as the Chair for the American Indian and Alaska Native Liaison Committee in 2023. He was also named Vice Chair of the Receivership and Insolvency (E) Task Force and the Regulatory Framework (B) Task Force.
“I am honored and excited to serve as Chair of this important committee. This appointment holds significant importance as Oklahoma has a rich history of Native American heritage and 39 tribal nations,” Mulready said. “It is an opportunity to bring attention to consumer protection issues and market challenges unique to sovereign tribal nations and to reflect the deep heritage, culture, and contributions of Oklahoma Native Americans.”
In addition to these leadership roles, Commissioner Mulready is a standing member on three letter committees for the upcoming year; Life Insurance and Annuities (A), Health Insurance and Managed Care (B), and Property and Casualty Insurance (C) Committees.
Furthermore, the NAIC announced the 2023 committee assignments for task forces and liaison groups for Oklahoma. Nine Oklahoma Insurance Department (OID) staff members were assigned various roles after carefully considering multiple factors, including each member’s expertise, zone balance, and other key considerations.
The OID staff members will serve on the following committees:
- Andy Schallhorn, Deputy Commissioner of Financial Regulation and Chief Actuary: Life Actuarial (A) Task Force, Health Actuarial (B) Task Force, Casualty Actuarial and Statistical (C) Task Force, Capital Adequacy (E) Task Force, and Risk Retention Group (E) Task Force.
- Diane Carter, Chief Financial Analyst: Accounting Practices and Procedures (E) Task Force Member and Valuation of Securities (E) Task Force Member.
- Donna Dorr, Director of Consumer Assistance: Market Information Systems (D) Task Force Member.
- Donna Wilson, Assistant Receiver/Estate Manager at the Oklahoma Receivership Office: Receivership and Insolvency (E) Task Force Vice Chair.
- Eli Snowbarger, Chief Financial Examiner: Surplus Lines (C) Task Force, Examination Oversight (E) Task Force, Financial Stability (E) Task Force, and Reinsurance (E) Task Force.
- Erin Wainner, Deputy Commissioner of Licensing Services: Title Insurance (C) Task Force Member and Producer Licensing (D) Task Force Member.
- Kim Hunter, General Counsel: Workers’ Compensation (C) Task Force Member.
- Ray Walker, Medicare Assistance Program Director: Senior Issues (B) Task Force Member
- Rick Wagnon, Antifraud Chief Investigator: Antifraud (D) Task Force Member.
“I am extremely proud to have our team members selected for these important assignments. I appreciate the NAIC for recognizing our team’s dedicated service, expertise, and contributions to the insurance industry. I am confident they will ensure Oklahoma is well-represented in these committees,” said Mulready.
The NAIC is the U.S. standard-setting and regulatory support organization created and governed by insurance regulators from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and five U.S. territories. Through the NAIC, state insurance regulators establish standards and best practices, conduct peer reviews, and coordinate regulatory oversight.
If you have insurance questions, please contact the Oklahoma Insurance Department at 1-800-522-0071 or visit our website at www.oid.ok.gov.