For Immediate Release:
January 9, 2023
Commissioner Mulready Sworn In For Second Term
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner Glen Mulready has been sworn into office for his second term by Oklahoma Supreme Court Chief Justice M. John Kane, IV on the steps of the Oklahoma Capitol Building today. Commissioner Mulready was the only statewide elected official to run unopposed during the last election cycle. Today’s inauguration ceremony reconfirms Mulready’s commitment to serving and protecting Oklahoma’s citizens for the next four years.
“I am humbled and honored by the opportunity to continue to serve as Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner,” Mulready said. “Over the next four years, I pledge to work tirelessly to protect Oklahoma consumers, keep our Oklahoma market competitive and healthy and ensure Oklahoma is disaster ready.”
Commissioner Mulready has outlined some of his top priorities for his second term:
- Help Oklahomans get ready for natural disasters and mitigate risks.
- Visit all 77 counties to meet with local insurance agents, fire departments, and municipal leaders through Coffee with the Commissioner.
- Bring more insurance sector jobs to Oklahoma.
- Educate and protect vulnerable citizens from falling victim to insurance fraud.
- Continue raising awareness of the importance of having different types of insurance—health, auto, life, etc.
If you have insurance questions, please contact the Oklahoma Insurance Department at 1-800-522-0071 or visit our website at www.oid.ok.gov.