All resident agent producers, Title producers, CSRs and adjusters are required to complete continuing education biennially prior to license renewal.
– CE providers are required to report course completions (electronically) within 10 business days of course completion. The transcript must show CE COMPLIANT, at least 3 business days before the licensee will be allowed to process their renewal application online. Best Practice: CE should be completed at least 30 days prior to the license expiration date to allow ample time for the CE provider to report the credit. This will also allow time for the licensee to process their renewal prior to expiration.
– Licensees cannot repeat a course within a 24-month calendar period. A Licensee will need to review their CE Transcript online to ensure a course is not repeated (refer to the course number for verification.)
Disclaimer: It is the sole responsibility of the Licensee to be aware of any and all courses they have taken and not to repeat courses within a 24-month calendar period.
– Only Oklahoma approved CE courses will count toward your CE requirements. A list of approved courses may be found under Course Lookup.
Credits Carried Over
– Six (6) credit hours in excess of the minimum twenty-four month period requirement shall carry forward to the next twenty-four month period as general hours.
CE REQUIREMENTS BY LICENSE TYPE
(excluding Title producers) are required to complete 24 hours of continuing education. The 24 hours should consist of 3 hours of ethics, 2 hours of legislative update and 19 hours of producer general. A licensee holding a property line of authority is required to complete a 1 hour earthquake course, which will be counted as part of the 19 hour general requirement.
Additional Selling CE Requirements
(counts toward 19 hours of producer general credit) :
- Producers that sell, solicit, or negotiate long term care insurance must take the initial 8 hour long term care partnership course prior to offering this type of product and complete a 4 hour long term care partnership course each renewal cycle thereafter.
- Producers that sell, solicit, or negotiate Annuity products are required to take a onetime 4 hour course on Annuity products.