Effective November 1, 2023
Enforcement of The Patient’s Right to Pharmacy Choice Act will be regulated by the Attorney General’s office.
Licensing Regulation will remain under the jurisdiction of the Insurance Department.
About the PBM Licensing Division
The PBM Licensing Division works directly with Pharmacy Benefits Managers (PBMs) to ensure they are compliant with licensing requirements pursuant to the Patient’s Right to Pharmacy Choice Act and other Oklahoma statutes and regulations.
- Examines license applications to ensure applicants meet all state requirements
- Ensures that licensees meet the requirements in the Oklahoma Insurance Code
- Initiates and takes formal administrative actions against PBMs on licensing issues
- Provides continuing education at various events
- Engages in local and multi-state efforts to create and codify uniform legislation related to pharmacy access and regulation of PBMs