#JR14160-The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the RIS Division for a Specialist II. The salary for this position is $45,000. This position is open until filled. To apply: Go to https://okgov.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/okgovjobs/details/Specialist-II_JR14160 and click “Apply Online” at the top of the page. Please read the instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
Regulated Industry Services oversees the licensing and registration for the following entities: Charitable Gift Annuities, Cemetery Merchandise Trust, Discount Medical Plan Organizations (DMPO), Home Service Contract Provider Registrations, Interlocals, Motor Service Club, Multiple Employer Welfare Associations (MEWA), Perpetual Care Cemeteries, Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBM), Prepaid Funeral Benefits, Professional Employer Organizations (PEO), Purchasing Groups, Service Warranty Companies, Third-Party Administrators (TPA), Vehicle Protection Product Warranty Companies, and/or Viatical Settlement Providers (VSP).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A specialist will be responsible for the work associated with their assigned entities and other duties as requested.
- Cross train with other RIS team members.
- Review and verify application requirements have been met for financial statements, bonds, letters of credit, CPA Statements, etc.
- Review and understand statutes/rules and their applicability to the entity type.
- Maintain current records through electronic files, mail, and scanning.
- Provide customer assistance with questions through email and phone calls.
- Communicate with entities to obtain required information.
- Identify concerns and communicate the findings to legal, financial, or supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Willingness to learn new computer systems.
- Ability to review and understand financial statements/reports.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt and implement changes with little or no direction.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with others.
- Possess ability to make routine business decisions, while paying close attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or a combination of education and work experience of at least 4 years of similarly related industry experience is required.
Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
This position may be eligible for telework each week under OID’s Telework Program after initial training.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits
|Open Date||April 20, 2023|
|Job Type||Full Time|