#21-19-The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the RIS Division for a RIS Manager. The salary range for this position will be commensurate with education and experience. This position is open until filled.
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Under direction of the Assistant Commissioner of Licensing, the successful applicant will oversee the daily operation of the RIS Division including the supervision of staff. They will develop and train staff in the appropriate policies and procedures.
- Supervise employees of the RIS division, including monitoring workflow processes to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Oversee regulatory operations of various specialized lines of the Oklahoma Insurance Department; develop internal policies and procedures for licensing/registration and regulating the specialized lines; recommend action and approve applications related to RIS activities; recommend reviews or exams of some specialized lines operations to the Financial Division.
- Review/process new applications and renewals for compliance with Departmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Check-in, review and process reports and filings, due quarterly and annually, and ensure that payments of administrative fees made, and companies are financially compliant.
- Complete background checks for entities and officers regarding new applications and officer changes under statutory guidance and maintain confidential records.
- Review and process renewals compliance with departmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Review reports, forms, filings, complaints, concerns, financial information and records, applications, and other information to monitor RIS operations; make recommendations for Department action on various issues.
- Coordinate program operations and activities with interested parties including out of state regulatory authorities; provide information for administrative hearings (when applicable) and new legislation; make recommendations for legislation or rules concerning the regulation of the industry.
- Field phone calls and emails regarding questions, regulation, registration requirements, and good standing of regulated entities.
- Process open records requests with legal and coordinate with other divisions requests for information and assistance.
- Investigate certain consumer/entity complaints for statutory non-compliance and make recommendations for Department action on issues.
- Conduct routine audits/reviews of employees’ work and provide direct feedback and coaching.
- Monitor department budget, approve refunds and expenditures within authority. Approve the release of company deposits for the RIS division within authority.
- Maintain forms and applications on the Department’s website and in OPTins.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with computers and the following programs: Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; Adobe Acrobat; experience with AS400 and SBS preferred;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, statutory accounting principles, and financial reports;
- Ability to review financial statements and interpret statutes and rules concerning financial information; coordinate financial reviews with Financial Division when applicable;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Possess ability to make routine business decisions, while paying close attention to detail;
- Must possess excellent verbal, written communication, organizational, and supervisory skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree with four or more years of regulation experience is required, along with a minimum requirement of 2 years supervisory experience.
Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
NOTE: Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits.
|Open Date||April 28, 2021|
|Job Type||Full Time|