#22-22-The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Agents Licensing Division for a Licensing Administrator. The salary for this position is $38,800. This position is open until filled. To apply, go to: https://okgov.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/okgovjobs/details/Licensing-Administrator_JR4422?q=385 and click “Apply Online” at the bottom of the page. Please read the instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
A licensing administrator is responsible for tasks related to the regulation & processing of applications for various insurance professional licenses issued by the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks including answering the phone, and taking messages, sorting and filing, creating files for new applications
- Mail processing & document scanning
- Review and process new and renewal applications for resident & nonresident licensing candidates; communicate with applicants throughout the application process to obtain required information for compliance with statutes, policies, and procedures
- Enter and retrieve data using personal computer; receive and review source documents; proof previously entered data and make routine corrections when necessary
- Providing back-up coverage at front desk assisting with calls and walk-in customers
- Perform other duties as required and requested by Division management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Exceptional customer service skills- Ability to manage and handle high call volume daily; Maintain metrics and availability on phones to handle the need of the Division
- Ability to learn and differentiate among various types of insurance information to assist licensed insurance professionals and administrators with their concerns
- Effective time organization and management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with others, to understand the basic functions of other divisions within the department, to handle routine business decisions, and to deal tactfully with the public
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and proven ability to multitask
- Working knowledge of computers and computer software, specifically Microsoft Windows products including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Dedication to knowing and understanding the Oklahoma Insurance Code
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Four years of insurance industry experience preferred. Resume should show experience in call center or business environment where high-volume calls and task were handled efficiently.
Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Telework opportunities available after probation and training period is complete. Most Licensing Division new-hires are given 6-12 months to acclimate to the position before having the skills needed to telework without direct supervision.
To see a complete list of benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state click on the following link. https://oklahoma.gov/omes/services/employee-benefits.html
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Open Date||September 26, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|