#21-07-The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Maintenance Division for a Full-Time Janitor.
The salary is $21,720. This position is open until filled.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full time positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the care and cleaning of the
Oklahoma Insurance Department building, its grounds, and parking lot. The working hours of Shift 1 are from 8
a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with an hour for lunch.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily cleaning of the internal and external building site to include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning
all hard surfaces, windows, and furniture/fixtures.
- Spot cleaning as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes break area and restrooms, while keeping both supplied with paper, towels, soap, etc.
- Retrieves and disposes of wastepaper basket contents and perform sanitary inspections in designated
- Sanitize common touch surfaces such as door handles and push bars, handrails, and elevator buttons twice
- Clean the elevator cab and threshold floorplate on each floor.
- Sanitize conference room tables and conference chair handles after each meeting.
- Keeps inventory of supplies and notifies supervisor when an order needs to be made.
- Daily pick up and disposal of parking lot trash and debris.
- Window and glass door daily cleaning/washing.
- Setting up and rearranging public conference room furniture for and after each meeting.
- Retrieves and disposes of wastepaper backet contents daily.
- There will also be weekly cleaning goals that will include dusting, wall cleaning, and floor buffing, furniture
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Basic knowledge of methods and procedures in cleaning and maintaining services for a commercial building.
Training will be provided in completing more advanced tasks, such as the disposal of restricted or environmentally hazardous materials. The position will require standing, walking, bending, lifting and repetitive motions for a prolonged amount of time. Will need to be able to lift up to 75 pounds using correct bending and lifting methods.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma and at least six months of prior commercial cleaning experience is preferred.
NOTE: Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any
entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or nonfinancial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Email Contact||Angie Powers|