#20-01-The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Financial Division for a Financial Analyst I. The vacant position has a salary of $39,000. This position is open until filled.
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Under administrative direction of the Chief Financial Analyst, complete financial and statutory review of assigned licensed insurance companies and various other entities. Analysis of annual and quarterly statements for assigned domestic companies within NAIC guidelines, the Oklahoma state statutes and Oklahoma rules and regulations, to ensure financial solvency for the policyholders of the State of Oklahoma.
- Annual and quarterly review of filings of assigned Domestic companies, which include the Management Discussion and Analysis Report, Actuarial Opinion, Audited Financial Statements, Biographical Affidavits and Third-party verifications on key personnel at the company level, RBC report, Business plans and Pro-Forma
- Review for compliance with Oklahoma state statutes and process the approval/denial of forms, such as:
- Form A-Acquisitions (make recommendations and attend hearings)
- Form B-Oklahoma Insurance Holding Company System Registration Statement
- CGAD – Corporate Governance Annual Disclosure
- Form D- Prior Notice of a Transaction
- Form E-Pre-notification form regarding the potential competitive impact of a proposed merger or acquisition by a non-domiciliary insurer doing business in this state or by a domestic insurer
- Form F-Enterprise Risk Report
- ORSA – Own Risk and Solvency Assessment
- Form R-Redomestications (make recommendations and attend hearings)
- Review and approve securities and statutory deposits for companies to maintain their compliance with Oklahoma statutes and to ensure the protection of all policyholders
- Review and or approve changes in Certificates of Incorporation, Articles of Incorporation, bylaws, name changes, acquisitions/mergers, company applications and re-domestications of domestic companies
- Keep continuing education updated in order to meet NAIC accreditation standards. Attend NAIC webinars, ICCIE and specific financial analyst training. Attend other insurance related training and updates
- This position will require registration into the International Center for Captive Insurance Education (ICCIE) for completion of a Certificate in Captive Insurance and Associate in Captive Insurance within three (3) years of registration
- Perform related work and special projects as required or assigned by Chief Financial Analyst
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of insurance accounting required, including statutory accounting principles as well as generally accepted accounting principles, and applicable state statutes preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, Access and Outlook
- Ability to understand statutes, policies and procedures and apply them to conduct the business of the Department
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Good time management skills and ability to work independently
- Strong communication and organizational skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Financial Analyst I – Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance with zero to three years of experience in financial analysis, insurance financial analysis. Preference will be given to applicants holding at least one of the following designations: CPA, CFE, AFE, CIE, AIE, FLMI, CPCU or ICCIE (ACI or CCI).
Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits
|Job Type||Full Time|