#22-16-The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening for a Community Outreach Coordinator. The salary range for this position is $27,827 to $51,017. The selected applicant will be offered a salary commensurate with education and experience, within the posted salary range. This position is open until filled. To apply: Go to https://www.jobapscloud.com/OK/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=220527&R2=E12A&R3=45 and click “Apply Online” at the bottom of the page. Please read the instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
Under the Direction of the Government and Community Affairs Director. Establish relationships with the minority population (consumers and businesses) from various ethnic backgrounds to provide information, education, and appropriate resources as it relates to the insurance industry. Reaching out and assisting with scheduling community events along with the Community Affairs Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inform consumers/minorities with changes in the insurance industry by educating and informing consumers of their rights and responsibilities as it relates to relevant laws.
- Develop trust between minority communities/businesses and the Oklahoma Insurance Department-resulting in establishing confidentiality between entities when utilizing Oklahoma Insurance Department resources.
- Assist and provided culturally and linguistically sensitive information when working with ethnically diverse groups.
- Provide efficient, prompt and effective response within the jurisdiction of the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
- Maintain effective communication with consumers and networks (agencies, chambers, libraries, non-profits).
- Ongoing outreach to diverse groups by attending /participating in community events, meetings, and trainings.
- Responsible for visiting various communities and promoting OID annual events to ensure adequate attendance.
- Assist with outreach efforts that require an OID booth: setup, work booth, and break down booth.
- Provide support during disaster relief efforts: serve the community, distribute OID information to affected consumers.
- Ongoing professional development by participating in NAIC trainings or approved vendors.
- Perform other duties as required and requested.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
This candidate must demonstrate strong organizational and creativity skills along with the ability to multi-task. Working knowledge of the health insurance industry is a plus. Knowledge of public and government administration is also a plus. The candidate selected for this position will have demonstrated the ability to maintain effective working relationships, superior oral and written communication skills, the ability to work independently and exercise good judgment. The ability to write and edit; to research, gather and organize pertinent data; to deliver informational presentations is necessary. Candidates must have intermediate proficiency with computer and MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. This candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated to achieve results and able to maintain a high energy level. Working knowledge of the legislative process is a plus. Bi-lingual preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public health, or a related field plus five years of professional experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
This position may be eligible for two days of telework each week under OID’s Telework Program.
To see a complete list of benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state click on the following link. https://oklahoma.gov/omes/services/employee-benefits.html
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Open Date||May 27, 2022|
|Salary||$27,827 to $51,017|
|Job Type||Full Time|