#22-14- The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Consumer Assistance division for a Coding Specialist. The beginning salary for this position will be $36,750. This position is open until filled. To apply: Go to https://www.jobapscloud.com/OK/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=220428&R2=UNCE&R3=265 and click “Apply Online” at the bottom of the page. Please read the instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
Under immediate supervision of the Director of Consumer Assistance, this position is responsible for intaking all submitted complaints and requests for assistance and coding and assigning each file to the appropriate Claims Review Specialist. The Coding Clerk/Specialist also provides customer service and assistance to the public by answering questions related to insurance matters. The Coding Clerk/Specialist must have good customer service skills and reflect the core values of the Insurance Department by being competent, trustworthy, client focused, a team player, and positive.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all incoming complaints and requests for assistance received both online and in writing.
- Verify incoming complaints/requests for assistance are submitted with necessary documentation and implement procedures to ensure no file duplication. Call and email providers and/or consumers, and perform any other research, as necessary to set up the case file.
- Ensure each case is correctly coded and assign files to appropriate Claims Review Specialist. Determine proper contact letter.
- Maintain form letters in the State Based System (SBS).
- Maintain and update changes in Consumer Assistance company contacts in SBS.
- Provide technical knowledge and customer-service friendly responses to the public regarding various insurance-related questions and concerns. Work internally with other OID staff to gather information or refer requests.
- Review and stay up-to-date on relevant insurance statutes, rules, and regulations and their applicability to matters handled by the Consumer Assistance Division.
- Track, update, and post walk-in calendar for the Consumer Assistance Division.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties, including, but not limited to, typing, faxing, and scanning.
- Track inventory of office supplies and keep inventory stocked by preparing and/or distributing the RFE’s to the appropriate staff.
- Prepare mail and parcels for mailing; sort and distribute mail if mail clerk is absent.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Consumer Assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must possess knowledge of telephone etiquette and procedures. Must possess ability to learn and differentiate among various types of insurance information in order to assist the consumers with their concerns; to organize time effectively; to establish and maintain effective relationships with others; to understand the basic functions of other divisions within the department; to handle routine business decisions; and to deal tactfully with the public. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to multitask. Basic Computer skills: ability to effectively navigate through Microsoft Windows products including, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Fluent in English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required and a minimum of 1 year of insurance-related experience is required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred: Associate’s degree and/or 1 year experience with data entry/clerical duties. Must be willing to complete additional or continuing education for customer service and/or insurance-related topics provided by the Department. MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK.
Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department cannot have an immediate relative who is financially interested, directly or indirectly, in any insurer, agency or insurance transaction (except as a policyholder or claimant). The selected applicant must pass a background check.
This position may be eligible for two days of telework each week under OID’s Telework Program.
To see a complete list of benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state click on the following link. https://oklahoma.gov/omes/services/employee-benefits.html
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Open Date||May 2, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|