#21-13-The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening for a Captive Director. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. This position is open until filled. Email resumes to: email@example.com
Under the supervision of the Deputy Commissioner of Financial Regulation, the Captive Director represents the Oklahoma Insurance Department (OID) before regulators, the industry, and oversees the review of captives licensed in Oklahoma. The Captive Director serves in a supervisory role that would coordinate subordinate staff and independent contractor activities and work with providers and the general public in completing these duties. The Director will assist in developing public policy considerations for the Commissioner and help recruit captive
insurance companies to Oklahoma. They will represent the OID before various captive associations across the country. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary to complete assigned duties. Other duties may include monitoring and financial oversight of other non-insurance related providers.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Develop a short-term and long-term sustainability plan for the Captive Division.
- Represent the OID before regulators, the industry, and supervises subordinate analysts.
- Represent the OID in advocating Oklahoma as a domicile of choice with business-friendly
modernized laws and regulations.
- Review and recommend changes to current Oklahoma Captive statutes to ensure Oklahoma
is a competitive captive jurisdiction.
- Direct the marketing effort of the Oklahoma Captive Program.
- Represent the OID before state and national captive associations.
- Point of contact with various representatives of the captive industry, including captive
managers to discuss the financial condition of captives and other developments as required.
- Represent the Commissioner in making presentations, appearances before organizations,
and serve on professional panels.
- Coordinate and oversee the workflow of analysts and independent contractors.
- Review financial filings of assigned companies to assess financial stability and compliance
with state statutes.
- Responsible for the review of captive applications, including the review of financials.
- Responsible for following-up on examination report exceptions ensuring corrective action has
- Performs projects or work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Advance knowledge of the captive insurance industry, insurance accounting, including generally accepted accounting principles and applicable state statutes is highly preferred. The ability to network professionally within the Captive industry. Good communication and organization skills are required. Knowledge of personal computers and Excel, MSWord, and Access software is required. Updated 3/17/21
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting, insurance, finance, or actuarial science with 7 or more years of related experience; an advanced degree is desired. An employee in this position is expected to complete job duties with minimum oversight and review to the satisfaction of the agency and the Deputy Commissioner. ACI designation from ICCIE, pursuing the ACI designation is required if an ACI designation is not already obtained. Preference may be given to applicants who have completed the following designations: CPA, CFE, AFE, CIE, AIE, FLMI, CPCU.
NOTE: Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require. Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Email Contact||Angie Powers|